The goal of Stay Teen is to encourage you to enjoy your teen years and avoid the responsibilities that come with too-early pregnancy and parenting. The more you know about issues like sex, relationships, waiting, and contraception, the better prepared you will be to make informed choices for your future. We're not telling you how to live your life...we just want to give you some food for thought and the latest facts. It’s up to you to make your own smart decisions.
Did you know that:
- Nearly 3 in 10 teen girls in the US will get pregnant at least once before age 20? Learn more in the Teen Pregnancy section.
- Good relationships don't just happen—they require hard work and practice? Learn more in the Healthy Relationships section.
- Less than half of teens in high school have had sex? Learn more in the Waiting section.
- A couple who has sex without using condoms or any other kind of contraception (birth control) has an 85% chance of getting pregnant within a year? Learn more in the Birth Control section.
- About 3 million teens get a sexually transmitted infection every year? Learn more in the STI section.
- 1 in 5 teens who’ve been in a serious relationship report being hit, slapped, or pushed by their partner? Learn more in the Dating Abuse section.
Use the navigation on the left to learn more about all kinds of important stuff. Have trouble finding something? Is something missing? Send us an email!