Would you consider dating someone if you knew that they believed in abstinence until marriage?
In your grandparent’s day and maybe even in your parents it wasn’t uncommon for people to wait until after they’d tied the knot to have sex. This generation is a different story. Sex is very much a part of teen culture. If you don’t believe it, read the lyrics to Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream”. It’s in our TV shows, music, and magazines. It’d be easy to look at this generation’s obsession with sex and assume that everyone is having it, but what about those teens who still want to wait?
The temptation to have sex, especially as a teen, is no doubt great. Believe it or not, there are teen couples who don’t even kiss in order to avoid the temptation. Some might call this extreme, while others might see it as romantic. It’s easy if you both agree, but what if you like someone who has different beliefs about sex before marriage than you do? Would you respect their beliefs or drop them like a bad habit? Let us know what you think!
- Camping, movies, parties...what would you miss out on if you became a teen parent? t.co/ctSsqLrew7 #ND13
- Have you shared your birthday on Facebook? What about your real name? You're not alone: t.co/eqSEQsFjgw via @pewresearch
- Wish you could talk to your parents about relationships? It's time. Head to t.co/WLQvHMdkS7 and start talking. #ND13
- Quizzes at school are lame, but this one is fun. You get an A+ just for taking it! Go ahead, brainiac. t.co/WLQvHMdkS7 #ND13
- Every day, more than 2000 teen girls get pregnant in the U.S. Get smart. Know the facts. Take the quiz @ t.co/WLQvHMdkS7. #ND13