Stay Out Loud: How Has Facebook Changed the Way We Date?

It's kind of hard to remember our lives without Facebook...it's how we connect, keep in touch, and—let's face it—waste an enormous amount of time. So it's only natural that something that we spend so much time on bleeds over from life life to dating life. So DOES Facebook affect the way we date?

We asked real teens to tell us what they thought about dating in the era of Facebook. Check out their responses below and then tell us what you think in the comments or on Twitter (@StayTeen)!

We asked several members of our Youth Leadership Team to share their thoughts on sex, love, dating, relationships, parents, and a lot more.  In this video, from the Stay Out Loud video series, we asked them if they could change one thing in their sex ed class, what would it be. Watch all the Stay Out Loud videos on our Video page.

ON JANUARY 16, 2013 AT 2:55 PM, ANONYMOUS SAID:

I dont think that you can have a relationship on Facebook because you dont really know the person that well which is really dangerous

ON JANUARY 9, 2013 AT 10:52 AM, FACEBOOK? SAID:

facebook has changed my life.......... im always on it and now my parents are trying to help me so they took away everything that can get facebook, its hard at first but you get use to not being on it so much and i think wen i get my fone bck i wont be on it so much and that wil be nice but i like to check out everything and talk to my frnds and family that i no longer see

ON JANUARY 6, 2013 AT 6:05 AM, JAMILA GADLIN SAID:

Relationships on fb are never good. You never know how that peeson really feels in person&and you never really develop a full relationship with that person because its just the same thing everyday online with that person& that eventually becomes a problem in many cases. But i might not be bad to actually take the time out to meet w/him or her in person but you never know what type of package deal you getting. My advice is to just not use fb as a dating web site/chatline

ON DECEMBER 18, 2012 AT 2:10 AM, ANONYMOUS SAID:

Its not always a bad thing to keep in contact with your boyfriend or girlfriend on facebook we all have to realize our generation is mostly about technology, but the thing that affects a relationship on facebook is posting up your business as a couple for others to read

ON NOVEMBER 28, 2012 AT 7:40 PM, JOJO13 SAID:

i think it has changed bc relationn fb arent rlly real its just not!

ON NOVEMBER 26, 2012 AT 9:53 PM, KAROLINA CISNEROS SAID:

I don't really think its a relationship if its on Facebook and when u meet in person or see each other you guys don't have anything to say because you speak to much online then offline! Do you guys get what I'm saying?