Stay Out Loud: How Important is it to Have Good Communication with Your Boyfriend or Girlfriend?

We talk all the day...to our friends, to our teachers, to our boyfriends/girlfriends, to our parents. But are we just talking or are we actually communicating? And, for that matter, how important is good communication when it comes to healthy relationships?

So what to do? Well, we asked some real teens what they thought about communication and dating. Check out their responses below and then tell us what you think in the comments or on Twitter (@StayTeen)!

We asked several members of our Youth Leadership Team to share their thoughts on sex, love, dating, relationships, parents, and a lot more.  In this video, from the Stay Out Loud video series, we asked them if they could change one thing in their sex ed class, what would it be. Watch all the Stay Out Loud videos on our Video page.

ON APRIL 12, 2013 AT 2:54 PM, ANONYMOUS SAID:

being in a relationship for a couple of months my experince has been pretty good. listin to your gf is the best way to go. trust me guys that gets u along way. and taking your girlfriend on dates will go over pretty good too. just dont get into a fight with her!!

ON FEBRUARY 22, 2013 AT 12:51 PM, ANONYMOUS SAID:

I know that staying in a healthy relationship with your family is key to all happiness. When i had no one i was depressed. Now that im interacting with them im so happy and not having those suicidal thoughts in my head now. All you have to do is listen and talk with them, smile interact with them, help them, i don't know. But im so happy.

ON NOVEMBER 19, 2012 AT 8:39 PM, SLICKK KINDER SAID:

My boyfriend and i have been together for 4 years and we talk to one another every night. We have kept a promise to be true and even though we have had our ups and downs in telling the truth, we are still happy with it.

ON NOVEMBER 15, 2012 AT 3:26 PM, ANONYMOUS SAID:

I guess jus my boyfriend is lovey/dovey sweet 24/7 and it really gets on my nerves, Kinda pushes me away. What do I do?

ON NOVEMBER 5, 2012 AT 10:49 PM, ANONYMOUS SAID:

Hey guess WAT I may be single but it doesn't take much to know that u need to comunicate with your bf ot gf Duh

ON NOVEMBER 5, 2012 AT 10:45 PM, MADIYN SAID:

If you don't comiatate with your bf or gf how will u now WAT they want on life and stuff like that

ON NOVEMBER 1, 2012 AT 11:36 AM, ANONYMOUS SAID:

it is totally important to stay communicated with you bf/gf. you may be talking but are you listening?

ON OCTOBER 24, 2012 AT 2:50 PM, COOLCHICK SAID:

I think it is imporant to have good communcation with your gilrfriend or boyfriend because it will grow into a healthy relationship where you can trust each other. That is very good to have when your in a relationship.

ON OCTOBER 22, 2012 AT 12:42 PM, ANONYMOUS SAID:

its very important to communicate with the one you love because that the only way you can get to know them, and why be in a relationship if you cant even talk to your baby

ON OCTOBER 14, 2012 AT 12:56 AM, ANONYMOUS SAID:

I think it is important to communicate with your girlfriend or boyfriend because if you don't then your relationship will be soon to end cause you don't communicate with them. That's why it's important to communicate with your spouse.