Pregnancy Project: Teen Voices
On the heels of its successful 2010 movie The Pregnancy Pact, Lifetime television again explores the way teen pregnancy affects families and communities with their latest original movie, The Pregnancy Project. The Pregnancy Project is based on the true story of Gaby Rodriguez, an 18-year-old Latina from Washington State who pretended to be pregnant as a way to explore the stereotyping of teen moms. Alexa Vega (Spy Kids) and Judy Reyes (Scrubs) star in the film, which premieres Saturday, January 28, 2012, at 8 pm et/pt.
Gaby (Vega), whose family has dealt with teen parenthood first-hand, conducts a social experiment for a school project to force her friends and classmates to confront their prejudices about teen parenthood. She pretends to be pregnant (only sharing the truth with her boyfriend and mother) while documenting how she is treated and how it feels to be a “good girl” who gets pregnant. Gaby reveals the shocking truth during a school assembly, sparking a national conversation about the fact that teen pregnancy can happen to anyone.
Want to hear what real teens are saying about The Pregnancy Project?
- Get a sneak peek and more information about the movie here.
- Read an excerpt from Gaby Rodriguez’s new book, The Pregnancy Project here.
Want to tell us what you thought of the movie? Click here to take a short survey!
- Quizzes at school are lame, but this one is fun. You get an A+ just for taking it! Go ahead, brainiac. t.co/WLQvHMdkS7 #ND13
- Every day, more than 2000 teen girls get pregnant in the U.S. Get smart. Know the facts. Take the quiz @ t.co/WLQvHMdkS7. #ND13
- Did you enjoy the National Day Quiz? Then vote for us! #ND13 @BlueCadet t.co/MHBTjYc4wN
- Having fun, goofing off, quality time on Pinterest...what would YOU miss out on if you became a teen parent? t.co/G6Sly8ItTd #ND13
- RT @ABCFsecretlife: This week’s episode put many of the #SecretLifers in compromising positions. Discuss all the relationships here: http:/…