Jenna and KC Finalize Their Baby's Adoption
Did you see last night's Degrassi? When Jenna and KC finalized their baby's adoption? That scene where Jenna and KC watched Tyson get carried out of their lives? I know I wasn't the only one doing the ugly cry watching that scene. And Jenna just looked numb. I'm sure she has yet to fully process her emotions about it, even if she feels sure she made the right decision. (Makes you think about what Holly J's birth mom went through when she gave her up—wasn't Holly J eleven months old, too?)
What's crazy is: that scene destroyed me, and yet it can't even hold a candle to the true level of sadness that moment would rise to in real life.
It's especially hard because they had no happy options left. Raise Tyson, constantly struggling to complete high school (if Jenna could ever really make it back at all), to make enough money to live on, to find any time to take care of their own needs (such as for instance, "having any fun")? Or give up Tyson, and break their own hearts to tiny, sad, little pieces in the process.
Have you ever considered what life would be like if you got pregnant/got someone pregnant? Have you thought about how tough raising a baby is or how incredibly hard choosing adoption would be? Tell us what you thought of last night's episode in the comments!
- Quizzes at school are lame, but this one is fun. You get an A+ just for taking it! Go ahead, brainiac. t.co/WLQvHMdkS7 #ND13
- Every day, more than 2000 teen girls get pregnant in the U.S. Get smart. Know the facts. Take the quiz @ t.co/WLQvHMdkS7. #ND13
- Did you enjoy the National Day Quiz? Then vote for us! #ND13 @BlueCadet t.co/MHBTjYc4wN
- Having fun, goofing off, quality time on Pinterest...what would YOU miss out on if you became a teen parent? t.co/G6Sly8ItTd #ND13
- RT @ABCFsecretlife: This week’s episode put many of the #SecretLifers in compromising positions. Discuss all the relationships here: http:/…