Stay Out Loud: If you could change one thing about your sex ed class, what would it be?
We're all back to school now, and for some of us, that means starting the dreaded Health 101 class...aka, Sex Education. If you're sitting through that class this year, like Amber said, you're potentially being subjected to your gym teacher and some overly dramatic (fairly gross in some cases) slides and cheesy health videos made before you were born. Not fun and not easy to take anything of use out of that situation.
So what to do? Well, we decided to ask what real teens want out of their sex ed classes. Check out their responses below and then tell us what you think in the comments or on Twitter (@StayTeen)!
We asked several members of our Youth Leadership Team to share their thoughts on sex, love, dating, relationships, parents, and a lot more. In this video, from the Stay Out Loud video series, we asked them if they could change one thing in their sex ed class, what would it be. Watch all the Stay Out Loud videos on our Video page.
- Camping, movies, parties...what would you miss out on if you became a teen parent? t.co/ctSsqLrew7 #ND13
- Have you shared your birthday on Facebook? What about your real name? You're not alone: t.co/eqSEQsFjgw via @pewresearch
- Wish you could talk to your parents about relationships? It's time. Head to t.co/WLQvHMdkS7 and start talking. #ND13
- Quizzes at school are lame, but this one is fun. You get an A+ just for taking it! Go ahead, brainiac. t.co/WLQvHMdkS7 #ND13
- Every day, more than 2000 teen girls get pregnant in the U.S. Get smart. Know the facts. Take the quiz @ t.co/WLQvHMdkS7. #ND13