Myth Vs. Fact
January 11th, 2011 | Myth Vs. Fact
THE MYTH: Douching with Coca-Cola (“Coke”) right after sex will prevent pregnancy. The urban myth that Coke can be used as a contraceptive has been around for decades, since before most of today’s modern contraceptive methods were readily available. The common belief was that the acidity of the soft drink would kill sperm and the sugar would cause the sperm cells to explode. After sex, a girl would put warm Coke in her vagina, making the soda a spermicidal douche. Sounds...
November 10th, 2010 | Myth Vs. Fact
THE MYTH: If you don’t have a condom, you can use plastic wrap or a plastic bag. One popular myth we hear all the time is that you can improvise a homemade "condom" if one is not available to you. We've heard all sorts of suggestions—plastic wrap, baggies, balloons, plastic shower caps, tin foil (yikes!), even a snack-sized Doritos bag—and all sorts of methods for making them work. THE TRUTH: Before you decide to get all DIY and start MacGyvering up a homemade...
Enter your zip code below to find a health center nearby.
- Quizzes at school are lame, but this one is fun. You get an A+ just for taking it! Go ahead, brainiac. t.co/WLQvHMdkS7 #ND13
- Every day, more than 2000 teen girls get pregnant in the U.S. Get smart. Know the facts. Take the quiz @ t.co/WLQvHMdkS7. #ND13
- Did you enjoy the National Day Quiz? Then vote for us! #ND13 @BlueCadet t.co/MHBTjYc4wN
- Having fun, goofing off, quality time on Pinterest...what would YOU miss out on if you became a teen parent? t.co/G6Sly8ItTd #ND13
- RT @ABCFsecretlife: This week’s episode put many of the #SecretLifers in compromising positions. Discuss all the relationships here: http:/…