MTV's 16 and Pregnant
Season 5 of 16 and Pregnant begins on Monday, April 14; tune in to MTV on Mondays at 10pm for each new episode and then back here for episode recaps and guides!
Previously on 16 and Pregnant
Autumn (Season 5 | Episode 2)
Maddy (Season 5 | Episode 1)
- Nearly 3 in 10 girls in the U.S. will get pregnant at least once by age 20.
- 1 in 6 girls in the U.S. will be a teen mom.
- The U.S. has the highest rate of teen pregnancy in the entire developed world.
- Babies born to teens are more likely to grow up poor, have health problems, be abused and neglected, fail in school and eventually become teen parents themselves.
- Less than half of teen moms graduate from high school.
- 8 out of 10 fathers don't marry the teen mothers of their babies.
For more facts and tips on teen pregnancy and how to prevent it (waiting, contraception, common myths, and more), visit our Stay Informed section.
Have questions or need to know where to go? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or check out these trusted sites and hotlines:
- Think you might be pregnant or need to find a clinic? Use our free Clinic Locator tool.
- Questions about Plan B / Emergency Contraception? Call 1-800-330-1271 or visit planbonesep.com.
- Questions about sexual health, STIs, getting tested, etc.? Check out MTV's It's Your Sex Life.
- Want more facts and tips on teen pregnancy and relationships (waiting, contraception, dating abuse)? Stay Teen is your go-to resource!